When it comes to enhancing the quality of life through aromatherapy or personal care, essential oils have always been in the spotlight. With an increasing demand for natural and organic products, the Canadian market is now teeming with a myriad of organic essential oils. Here, we have listed and discussed the five best product features, pros and cons, and what customers say about them.
Best Organic essential oils in Canada 2023
1. Cliganic Organic Essential Oils
Cliganic Organic Essential Oils are a premium line of oils sourced from various parts of the world. This set includes a variety of popular oils, including Peppermint, Lavender, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Frankincense, and Orange, offering a diverse palette of scents and health benefits.
- Certified Organic: These oils are USDA-certified organic, meaning they are derived from plants grown without the use of synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, or other artificial chemicals.
- 100% Pure & Natural: Cliganic guarantees that their oils are 100% pure, with no additives, fillers, bases or carriers added.
- Therapeutic Grade: These oils are steam-distilled, a process that maintains the integrity of the essential oils, ensuring their therapeutic grade.
- Cruelty-Free & Vegan: Cliganic products are not tested on animals and are suitable for vegans.
- Wide Variety: The set offers a broad spectrum of scents, useful for different purposes, from relaxation to invigoration.
- High Quality: Being USDA certified, the oils assure high quality and purity.
- Affordable: Despite the premium quality, these oils come at a relatively affordable price.
- The intensity of Fragrance: Some users have reported that the fragrance of certain oils may not be as intense as they expected.
- Packaging: There are complaints about the packaging, as some find the bottles challenging to open or close.
Most customers are pleased with Cliganic Organic Essential Oils. They appreciate the variety of scents and the oils’ organic and pure nature. One customer praised the set, saying, “I’ve been using these oils for a couple of months now, and I love them. They are pure, smell wonderful, and are perfect for my diffuser.” However, some customers noted that certain oils lacked the fragrance intensity they expected. One user stated, “The lavender and eucalyptus oils are great, but the others aren’t as strong as I’d like.”
In summary, Cliganic Organic Essential Oils make a great choice for those looking for a variety of high-quality, pure, and affordable oils. However, if you prefer highly intense fragrances, you might want to consider other options or purchase single oils based on your preference.
Stay tuned for the reviews of Florona Eucalyptus Essential Oil, Cliganic USDA Organic Lavender Essential Oil, US Organic 100% Pure Frankincense Essential Oil, and KRIAA Goodness Ylang Ylang Essential Oil in the upcoming sections.
2. Florona Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- Product Features:
Florona Eucalyptus Essential Oil is a single-note oil that brings the refreshing, clean scent of eucalyptus to your home or personal care routine.
- Certified Organic: This oil is certified organic, meaning it’s free from harmful chemicals and additives.
- 100% Pure: Florona promises pure eucalyptus oil with no added substances, ensuring an unadulterated experience.
- Versatile Use: Besides aromatherapy, it can be used for skincare, haircare, and even in DIY cleaning products.
- Strong Scent: The Florona Eucalyptus Essential Oil has a robust, refreshing scent, beloved by those who enjoy the smell of eucalyptus.
- Multipurpose: Its versatile nature allows it to be used in various ways, adding value to the product.
- High Quality: Its organic and pure formulation ensures a premium quality product.
- Single Note: Unlike the variety sets, this is a single-note oil, limiting the range of scents.
- Potency: For some, the scent may be too potent, making dilution necessary.
- Customer Reviews:
Customers appreciate Florona Eucalyptus Essential Oil for its strong, clean scent and its versatility. One satisfied customer shared, “I love this oil! It smells fantastic, and I use it for everything – from my diffuser to my homemade cleaning products.” However, some users found the scent too potent, suggesting that it may need to be diluted for those sensitive to strong fragrances.
3. Cliganic USDA Organic Lavender Essential Oil
Cliganic USDA Organic Lavender Essential Oil is a single-note oil that captures the calming, soothing essence of lavender.
- Certified Organic: This oil is USDA-certified organic, ensuring it’s free from synthetic chemicals and additives.
- 100% Pure: Cliganic promises pure lavender oil, offering a rich and authentic lavender experience.
- Therapeutic Grade: The oil is steam-distilled, preserving the therapeutic properties of lavender.
- Cruelty-Free & Vegan: This product is not tested on animals and is suitable for vegans.
- High Quality: The organic certification and purity guarantee high-quality oil.
- Calming Scent: The lavender scent is known for its calming properties, making it ideal for relaxation.
- Versatility: The oil can be used in a diffuser, for skin care, or in DIY home products.
- Single Note: Unlike variety sets, this is a single-note oil, which may limit its appeal to those looking for a range of scents.
- Scent Intensity: Some users may find the scent less intense than expected.
- Customer Reviews:
Customers praise the Cliganic USDA Organic Lavender Essential Oil for its soothing scent and versatility. One user shared, “This oil is wonderful. I use it every night in my diffuser, and it helps me relax and sleep better.” However, some users found the scent less intense than they expected. One customer noted, “The scent is nice, but it’s not as strong as I’d like.”
Stay tuned for the reviews of US Organic 100% Pure Frankincense Essential Oil and KRIAA Goodness Ylang Ylang Essential Oil in the upcoming sections.
4. US Organic 100% Pure Frankincense Essential Oil
US Organic’s 100% Pure Frankincense Essential Oil is a premium product known for its distinct aroma and therapeutic properties.
- USDA Certified Organic: This oil is certified organic, promising a high-quality product free from synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, and GMOs.
- 100% Pure: The oil is 100% pure, ensuring that users experience the full benefits of frankincense.
- Steam-Distilled: The oil is extracted through steam distillation, ensuring the preservation of its beneficial properties.
- Bottled in the US: The oil is packaged in the US, complying with stringent quality standards.
- High-Quality Product: The oil’s organic certification and purity ensure its high quality.
- Versatility: The oil can be used in a variety of ways, from aromatherapy to skincare.
- Distinct Aroma: Frankincense offers a unique, warm, and spicy aroma, loved by many.
- Price: Compared to other essential oils, frankincense tends to be pricier due to the cost of raw materials.
- Single Note: As a single-note oil, it may not appeal to those seeking a variety of scents.
Customers appreciate the quality and aroma of US Organic’s Frankincense Essential Oil. A satisfied user mentioned, “I love this oil. It smells amazing and works wonderfully in my skincare routine.” However, some users found the price a bit steep. One customer noted, “While the oil is great, the price is higher than what I’m used to paying for essential oils.”
5. KRIAA Goodness Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
KRIAA Goodness Ylang Ylang Essential Oil is a potent oil known for its unique floral scent and therapeutic benefits.
- 100% Pure: The oil is 100% pure, allowing users to fully enjoy the benefits of Ylang Ylang.
- Therapeutic Grade: The oil is therapeutic grade, ensuring its beneficial qualities are maintained.
- Versatile Use: It can be used for aromatherapy, skin and hair care, and in homemade products.
- Unique Aroma: Ylang Ylang has a distinct, sweet floral scent that many users enjoy.
- Versatility: The oil can be used in various applications, adding value to the product.
- Therapeutic Benefits: Ylang Ylang is known for its calming and mood-lifting properties.
- Scent Intensity: Some users may find the scent too potent and may need to dilute it.
- Not Certified Organic: Unlike the other oils on this list, this oil is not certified organic.
Customers enjoy the unique aroma and versatile nature of KRIAA Goodness Ylang Ylang Essential Oil. A pleased customer shared, “This oil is just fantastic. I love the smell, and it works wonders in my hair masks.” However, some users found the scent too strong. One user suggested, “The smell is quite intense. It’s lovely but might need dilution if you’re sensitive to strong smells.”
Organic essential oils buying guide
Understanding Organic Essential Oils:
Organic essential oils are highly concentrated plant extracts obtained from flowers, leaves, stems, bark, or other parts of plants. These oils capture the essence and aromatic compounds of the plant, offering a host of therapeutic properties. The organic label indicates that the plants used in the oil’s production were grown without the use of synthetic pesticides, herbicides, or chemical fertilizers
The purity of an essential oil is paramount. It should be free from additives, fillers, synthetic fragrances, or other contaminants. Pure organic essential oils are derived solely from the plant part from which they are extracted, with nothing else added. Check the label for any mention of “100% pure essential oil”.
2. Organic Certification
To ensure that the essential oils you purchase are truly organic, look for those with organic certification. This means they are produced without the use of synthetic pesticides and fertilizers. Certified organic products will have an official logo from certifying bodies like USDA (United States Department of Agriculture), ECOCERT, or Soil Association.
3. Extraction Method
The method of extraction affects the quality of the essential oil. Steam distillation and cold pressing are the most common and preferred methods. Avoid oils extracted using solvents, as they can leave behind harmful residues.
4. Botanical Name
Each essential oil should include the botanical (Latin) name of the plant from which it was extracted. This helps ensure you’re getting the right species of the plant. For example, lavender oil from Lavandula angustifolia is considered superior to that from Lavandula latifolia.
Quality essential oils are typically stored in dark-colored glass bottles to protect them from light, which can degrade their quality over time. Avoid essential oils stored in plastic bottles, as the oils can degrade the plastic, leading to contamination.
The price of essential oils can give you a clue about their quality. Producing high-quality organic essential oils is a labor-intensive process, and this is often reflected in the price. If an oil is significantly cheaper than others, it might be an indication of lower quality or adulteration.
Consider companies that prioritize sustainability in their sourcing and production processes. Ethically sourced oils ensure that plants are grown and harvested in a manner that does not harm the environment or exploit labor.
8. Company Reputation
Buy essential oils from reputable companies known for their commitment to quality and transparency. Check for transparent information about their sourcing, extraction methods, and organic certification.
Look for companies that perform tests like Gas Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS) on their oils. These tests help verify purity and quality by identifying any potential contaminants.
10. Safe Use Information
Reputable companies will provide safety information for their oils, including any contraindications or potential allergic reactions. This shows that they prioritize consumer safety.
Purchasing the best organic essential oils requires careful consideration and research. By evaluating the factors outlined above, you’ll be well-equipped to make an informed decision and find the oils that best suit your individual needs and preferences.
Remember, the best organic essential oils are those that are pure, responsibly sourced, and produced with the utmost care for the environment and the people involved in their production. When you find a company that prioritizes these aspects, you can be confident that you are getting high-quality, potent, and safe essential oils.
Selecting Essential Oils Based on Their Benefits
Once you’ve considered the factors above, it’s time to consider what you want from your essential oils. Different oils offer different benefits, so it’s important to choose those that will best meet your needs.
1. Lavender Oil – Known for its calming and soothing properties, lavender oil is ideal for promoting relaxation and sleep. It also has antiseptic properties, making it useful for skin issues.
2. Peppermint Oil – Peppermint oil is invigorating and can boost energy and alertness. It’s also often used for digestive discomfort and headaches.
3. Tea Tree Oil – This oil is renowned for its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, making it a staple for skin and hair care.
4. Lemon Oil – Lemon oil is uplifting and cleansing. It’s often used for mood enhancement, as well as in natural cleaning products.
5. Eucalyptus Oil – Known for its respiratory benefits, eucalyptus oil is commonly used in steam inhalations to help clear congestion.
6. Frankincense Oil – Frankincense oil is often used for meditation and relaxation. It is also popular in skincare for its anti-aging benefits.
7. Rosemary Oil – Rosemary oil is known to improve concentration and memory, making it great for diffusing during work or study.
8. Chamomile Oil – Chamomile oil is incredibly soothing and calming, making it a good choice for reducing stress and promoting sleep.
9. Geranium Oil – Geranium is popular in skincare for its ability to balance sebum production, making it suitable for all skin types.
10. Ylang Ylang Oil – This oil is often used for its calming effects and its ability to promote emotional balance.
The Benefits of Organic Essential Oils
The phrase “organic essential oils” refers to oils extracted from plants that have been grown without the use of synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, or other artificial agents. They are often deemed superior due to their purity and high concentration of beneficial compounds.
Organic essential oils offer a plethora of benefits, including:
1. Therapeutic Properties: Essential oils such as lavender, chamomile, and ylang-ylang have calming effects, reducing stress and promoting relaxation. Oils like peppermint and eucalyptus can help with respiratory issues and boost energy levels.
2. Skin Care: Essential oils like tea tree, rosemary, and frankincense have antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties. They can help treat skin conditions like acne and eczema and promote healthy, glowing skin.
3. Natural Remedies: Oils like lavender and chamomile can help with sleep disorders, while peppermint and ginger can aid in digestion. Eucalyptus oil is often used to alleviate symptoms of the common cold.
4. Aromatherapy: Used in diffusers, essential oils can create a calming environment, reduce anxiety, and promote overall well-being.
5. Non-toxic Cleaning: Lemon, tea tree, and eucalyptus oils are often used in DIY cleaning products due to their antimicrobial properties.
FAQs about Organic Essential Oils
1. Are organic essential oils safe to ingest?
While some essential oils are labeled as food grade, most are not intended for ingestion. Some oils can be toxic if ingested in large amounts or over a long period. Always consult a healthcare professional before ingesting any essential oils.
2. Can I apply essential oils directly to my skin?
Most essential oils are too potent to apply directly to the skin and can cause irritation. They should be diluted with a carrier oil like jojoba, almond, or coconut oil before topical application.
3. Are all organic essential oils the same?
No, the quality of essential oil can vary based on several factors, including the plant’s growing conditions, how the oil is extracted, and how it’s processed. Always look for oils from reputable companies that provide detailed information about their products.
4. Can I use essential oils on my children or pets?
Some essential oils can be safe for children and pets, but many can be harmful if not used correctly. It’s crucial to do your research and consult with a healthcare or veterinary professional before using essential oils with children or pets.
5. How should I store my essential oils?
Essential oils should be stored in a cool, dark place in their original, tightly sealed containers. Exposure to heat, light, or oxygen can degrade the oil over time.
In conclusion, organic essential oils provide a natural alternative for many common health and wellness issues. However, as with any product, they should be used responsibly and safely. Always consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new wellness routine involving essential oils.
In conclusion, each of these organic essential oils has its unique features, benefits, and downsides. Your choice should align with your needs, whether it’s for aromatherapy, skincare, or other uses. Consider the purity, aroma, versatility, and price when making your decision. By selecting a high-quality essential oil, you can enjoy the full benefits of these potent, natural products.
“Typical beer trailblazer. Hipster-friendly web buff. Certified alcohol fanatic. Internetaholic. Infuriatingly humble zombie lover.”