After comparing the top of the range, let’s take a step back, or rather two, and let’s find the best smartphones for one of the most sought-after ranges on the market, the one between 299 and 399 euros. Here, however, pay more attention, because if you always fall on your feet with a top now, it’s not at all obvious!
Materials – Aesthetics – Touch and Feel
- Pixel 6a phone: It’s 8.9mm thick, 178g weight and IP67 certified for what I think is the nicest of the bunch.
- Motorcycle Edge 30 Neo: 7.8 mm and a weight of 155 grams makes Motorola the lightest.
- Galaxy A52s: At 8.4 mm thick, 189 grams and IP67 certified for those with the most “pop” design!
- OnePlus Nord 2T: It’s 8.2mm thick and 190g makes it heavier (with the A52s) but there’s always a very convenient side slider.
- Realme 9 Pro +: It is 8 mm thick and weighs 182 grams, but it is the largest.
- Pixel 6a phone: 6.1-inch OLED screen with 429ppi and 60Hz refresh rate, brightness is okay and still OLED but the least pretty of those.
- Moto edge 30 Neo: 6.28-inch OLED display with a resolution of 419 pixels per inch and a refresh rate of 120 Hz. Ok also brightness.
- Galaxy A52s: 6.5-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 405 pixels per inch and a frequency of 120 Hz. In Samsung’s tradition, AMOLED is excellent, better in comparison.
- OnePlus Nord 2T: 6.43-inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 409 pixels per inch.
- Realme 9 Pro +: 6.4-inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 411 pixels per inch.
- Pixel 6a phone: 4,410mAh battery with 18W charging, without wireless connection. In the evening by 10-15% suffers from 5G.
- Moto edge 30 Neo: 4020mAh battery with 68W charging, yes wireless but only 5W. In the evening by 15%.
- Galaxy A52s: 4500mAh battery with 25W charging, without wireless connection. In the evening by 20-25%.
- OnePlus Nord 2T: 4500mAh battery with 80W charging, without wireless connection. In the evening by 15-20%.
- Realme 9 Pro +: 4500mAh battery with 80W charging, without wireless connection. In the evening by 15-20%.
Hardware and performance
- Pixel 6a phone: Tensor Chip 1 from Google with 6 GB of RAM, 128 GB of internal memory UFS 3.1 and a 5nm processor with high performance even if it heats up a bit.
- Moto edge 30 Neo: Snapdragon 695 5G with 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of internal memory UFS 3.1, 6 nm processor with a good balance between performance and consumption.
- Galaxy A52s: Snapdragon 778G 5G at 6 nm with 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of UFS 3.1 internal expandable memory, is the only one that has a microSD slot.
- OnePlus Nord 2T: MediaTek Dimensity 1300 with 8GB RAM and 128GB UFS 3.1 internal memory.
- Realme 9 Pro +: MediaTek Dimensity 920 with 8GB RAM and 128GB UFS 3.1 internal memory.
- Pixel 6a phone: I’m not crazy about the “fade” unlocking effect but the software is full of smart options, the usual AI-related “pixelation” (October patch).
- Moto edge 30 Neo: Stock Android, even purer than the Pixel but this time with “automatic” gestures for example. My favorite and only one with a desktop interface, albeit wireless only (October patch).
- Galaxy A52s: It is the most complete ecosystem and along with Pixel are the two most updated (October patch).
- OnePlus Nord 2T: Oxygen is now “oppizzato” and therefore also similar to Realme, but fast and average update (August patch).
- Realme 9 Pro +: In fact, similar to OnePlus, they are reliable and tactile interfaces (August Patch).
It must be emphasized that these are all stable and reliable interfaces.
For the price range, they all do very well in photos and videos, but they move more specifically to the Pixel thanks to the Google Camera, and the Galaxy and then the other three follow on par (with OnePlus perhaps a little higher).
Telephone music and sound reproduction
The phone sector is absolutely OK, the least I like is that it is connected to Samsung, while the other 4 have an excellent one from Google which reports potential SPAM numbers and has a very smart search.
The sound is stereo on all Galaxy and Realme devices only, as they also have a 3.5mm jack input for headphones.
Conclusions and prices
- Pixel 6a phone: The Pixel costs €399 on eBay, and as we mentioned earlier in the review, the Pixel is the most balanced. Among this comparison, it is the “worst” but the best camera and excellent usability.
- Moto edge 30 Neo: On eBay, 357 euros of which 5 are the most balanced. It’s not a lightning bolt but it’s light, beautiful and the only one with wireless charging and the software is fun and reliable. However, of these, it is the least photo-friendly.
- Galaxy A52s: Here we go down to €299 on eBay thanks to the fact that it’s a generation ago (but the A53 is worse) and perhaps the slowest, along with Motorola, but the most complete as an ecosystem. mid-range from Samsung to buy.
- OnePlus Nord 2T: The price of OnePlus on eBay is 400 euros, but if you have 80 euros more I prefer it over Realme even if they are very similar. It is the fastest in this comparison.
- Realme 9 Pro +: So the 9 Pro + costs 320 euros and still has an excellent price / performance ratio.
Photo galleries are all in order: Pixel, Motorola, Galaxy; OnePlus, Realme.
“Typical beer trailblazer. Hipster-friendly web buff. Certified alcohol fanatic. Internetaholic. Infuriatingly humble zombie lover.”