Surprisingly, today Sony announced the release date PlayStation VR2. PS5 VR Headset will be available in stores starting from February 22, 2023 price 599.99 € In Italy. Pre-orders will start on November 15, 2022.
As reported on the PlayStation Blog, atinside the package A headset, PS VR2 Sense controllers, and a pair of stereo headphones are included.
a Package With Horizon Call of the Mountain at €649.99. Also on February 22, the charging station for consoles will be sold separately at €49.99.
The PlayStation VR2 launch will be accompanied by a set of 11 games designed specifically for the scenes, including the aforementioned Horizon Call of the Mountain.
PlayStation VR2 includes many new features over its predecessor, such as eye tracking technology, 3D audio, as well as adaptive triggers and haptic feedback from Sense controllers.
There’s also obviously a big hardware upgrade, with the projector being fitted with two OLED lenses 4000 x 2040 . resolution (2000 x 2040 per eye) and HDR support. The design has also been revised, and now the headset is slimmer and lighter than the previous model. Among the novelties, we also find a new integrated ventilation system for more air circulation and a wheel regulator for the lenses to customize the experience.
under the PlayStation VR2 Technical Specifications:
- Show – OLED
- the decision – 2000 x 2040 for the eye
- refresh rate – 90 Hz, 120 Hz
- The distance between the lenses is adjustable
- field of view – about 110 degrees
- motion sensors – 6-axis motion sensing system (3-axis gyroscope, 3-axis accelerometer), infrared proximity sensors
- video cameras Four cameras on the headset and one infrared tracking camera for each eye to track the controller
- Response– Vibration on the projector
- links Can be connected to PS5 via USB Type-C
- My voice– Inputs: Built-in microphone / output: Stereo headphone jack Supports stereo rendering
While below you will find a file PS VR2 Sense Controller Technical Specifications:
- buttons – [Destro]- PS button, options button, action buttons (circle / transverse), R1 button, R2 button, right stick / R3 button -[Sinistro]PS Button, Create Button, Action Buttons (Triangle/Square), L1 Button, L2 Button, Left Stick Button / L3 Button
- Motion/Tracking – motion sensors – 6-axis motion sensing system (3-axis gyroscope, 3-axis accelerometer) – capacitive sensor: finger touch detection IR LED: position tracking
- Response Trigger effect (on the R2/L2 button), haptic feedback (from one trigger per unit)
- Brings USB Type-C port
- Bluetooth – Version 5.1
- battery Type: Built-in rechargeable lithium battery
What do you think, would you buy a PlayStation VR2? Let us know in the comments.
“Typical beer trailblazer. Hipster-friendly web buff. Certified alcohol fanatic. Internetaholic. Infuriatingly humble zombie lover.”