With notification issued on PlayStation Blog, Sony Entertainment It has announced a dedicated price hike for its consoles PlayStation 5, in both retail and digital editions. So will be the new list price €549 For version Blu Ray And €449 For the digital version. Below are the affected markets:
- PS5 Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Drive – €549.99
- PS5 Digital Edition – €449.99
- PS5 Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Drive – £479.99
- PS5 Digital Edition – £389.99
- Japan (From Sep. 15, 2022)
- PS5 Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Drive – ¥ 60,478 yen (including tax)
- PS5 Digital Edition – ¥ 49,478 yen (including tax)
- PS5 Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Drive – ¥ 4,299 yuan
- PS5 Digital Edition – ¥ 3,499 yuan
- PS5 Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Drive – AUD$799.95
- PS5 Digital Edition – AUD $ 649.95
- PS5 Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Drive – MXN $14,999
- PS5 Digital Edition – MXN $ 12,499
- PS5 Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Drive – CAD$649.99
- PS5 Digital Edition – CAD$519.99
Uncertainty in the markets has fueled inflation and many products will experience price hikes, including the PlayStation 5.
The only market currently unaffected by this price hike is the US, a key battleground with Microsoft, so Sony may have decided not to raise prices in the US to avoid having to deal directly with the Xbox. It is also true that the US currency is gaining value against the European currency due to current inflation and the dollar/euro exchange rate situation.
Below are the statements Gym Ryan Regarding this increase:
The global economic environment is a challenge that many of you around the world are undoubtedly facing. We see high global inflation rates, as well as adverse currency trends, impacting consumers and creating pressure in many sectors. Given these difficult economic conditions, SIE has made the difficult decision to increase the PlayStation 5 suggested retail price (RRP) in select markets in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), Asia Pacific (APAC), and Latin America (LATAM). as well as Canada. There will be no price hike in the US.
While this price increase is necessary given the current global economic environment and its impact on SIE’s business, our top priority is to improve the PS5 supply situation so that as many players as possible can enjoy all that PS5 has to offer and is yet to come.
It is currently unclear when these increases will take effect, but they will be the new list prices starting today. However, in the UK, these changes will come into effect from September 15.
“Total coffee junkie. Tv ninja. Unapologetic problem solver. Beer expert.”