Bad news for many owners of Xiaomi smartphones. The Chinese company decided to stop supporting updates
As usual, the release of new smartphones involves the slow abandonment of old models. This is the case with companies like an Apple Which has few devices on the market, but also and above all OEM devices that focus on quantity (As well as on quality).
clear example xiaomi, a Chinese giant that has been positioned over the years in multiple segments of the market and thus, has launched many different smartphone models on a regular basis. It is a phenomenon that will cost its owners old hardware. The new one has actually been posted Official EOS ListThis is the end of support.
Xiaomi, these models will not be updated anymore
If you own a smartphone Xiaomi or Redmi Old, know that soon it may not receive system (or security) updates from the Chinese company. An obvious and somewhat predictable choice, considering the amount of smartphones that are launched on the market each year. immediately, The complete list of all EOS cameras (end of support):
- Xiaomi Mi 1, Mi 2, Mi 2A, Mi 3, Mi 4, Mi 4S, Mi 4C, Mi 5, Mi 5S, Mi 5S Plus, Mi 5C, Mi 5X, Mi 6, Mi 6X, Mi 8 UD, Mi 8 Explorer Edition, Mi 8 SE, Mi 8 Lite, Mi 9 SE
- Xiaomi Mi Note, Mi Note Pro, Mi Note 2, Mi Note 3
- Xiaomi MIX, MIX 2, MIX 2S, MIX 3
- Xiaomi Mi Max, Mi Max 2, and Mi Max 3
- Xiaomi Mi A1, Mi A2, Mi A2 Lite
- Xiaomi Mi Pad, Mi Pad 2, Mi Pad 3, Mi Pad 4, Mi Pad 4 Plus
- Xiaomi Mi Play
- Redmi Note 1, Note 1S, Note 2, Note 2 Pro, Note 3, Note 4, Note 4X, Note 5, Note 5A, Note 6 Pro
- Redmi 1, 1S, 2, 2A, 3, 3S, 3X, 4, 4X, 4A, 5, 5 Plus, 5A, 6, 6 Pro, 6A
- redmi pro
- Redmi S2, Y2
Good news if your device is not on the list. You can continue to receive updates while you wait Android 13 (to be presented soon).
“Typical beer trailblazer. Hipster-friendly web buff. Certified alcohol fanatic. Internetaholic. Infuriatingly humble zombie lover.”
Best smartwatch for health monitoring in Canada 2023 – Experts review
WhatsApp, something disturbing happens in the night: be careful what you say (and do)
The new 2023-2024 Nissan Juke, a complete or almost complete renewal of one of the most popular compact SUVs has been confirmed