Charter of Laura Connally – 2023
A geopolitical summary of the day.
Today’s interesting news
- China vs. America. In his first public appearance in three months, Qin Gang, foreign minister of the People’s Republic of China and former ambassador to Washington He warned: «If the United States does not brake, but continues to accelerate on the wrong track, there will certainly be clashes and conflicts. Who will bear the consequences? Qin accused US President Joe Biden of seeking to contain and oppress China at any cost through “rabid neo-McCarthyism”, “a version of NATO in Asia” and a “search not for competition, but for conflict”. reverse, It reaffirmed The foreign minister said China and Russia continue to maintain important relations characterized by strategic trust and good neighborliness, a “good example” because “our relations are based on no alliance, no conflict and do not target third parties”. As for Taiwan, Qin warned Beijing would take “all necessary measures” to enforce its claim to sovereignty over the island. “Why does the US continue to claim to maintain regional peace and stability while secretly plotting Taiwan’s destruction?” Chinese official Then he compared Beijing’s hypothetical military aid to Moscow with Washington’s real aid to Taipei: “Why is America asking China not to supply arms to Russia, which sells arms to Taiwan?”.
Finally, on the question of the war in Ukraine, Kin lamented, “an invisible hand is pushing for the prolongation and escalation of the conflict and using the Ukrainian crisis for some geopolitical agenda.” Qin’s words follow those of President Xi Jinping at a press conference on March 6, 2022 He condemned “The Western countries, led by the US, have imposed a total containment, encirclement and repression against us, posing unprecedented challenges to our country’s development”. A rare move for a president who has avoided making public comments against Washington.
- China vs USA – Taiwan. President of Taiwan Tsai Ing-wen He reassured The Speaker of the room of America Meets Kevin McCarthy in California On the contrary In Taipei. The purpose is to avoid an aggressive response from TIn the People’s Republic of China, it has relations They had never been so nervous. In the summer of 2022, McCarthy announced a visit Island of Formosa If he is elected to office Speaker. But to avoid a show of force by the People’s Liberation Army (PLA), Expected crowd It will happen On the west coast. The reluctance of the tilt indicates the impact of China’s military posture and its ability to undermine independence of Taiwan.
- China vs. Canada. Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has said this They will charge commission Investigating possible foreign interference in Canadian elections, particularly by China (but also Russia and Iran). The matter, which has already been debated, has gained new attention in recent weeks after various media reported that China tried to interfere in the 2019 and 2021 federal elections. Beijing has denied the allegations, calling them “completely baseless and slanderous”. The 2018 episode of the arrest of a Huawei executive in Canada, followed by the retaliatory arrest of two Canadians in the People’s Republic of China, has also weighed on relations between the two countries. Recently, Ottawa He also warned Western partners of renewed Chinese ambitions – military and commercial – in the Arctic.
- Ukrainian War – Belarus. Belarusian President Alyaksandr Lukashenka has announced that an agent of Ukraine’s special services and his accomplices have been arrested for their involvement.Drone attack on Awax aircraft (airborne radar system) Beriev A-50 is stationed at Mačulіščy air base near Minsk. According to Lukashenka, a sabotage attack on military early warning and control aircraft of the Russian Air Force could never have taken place “without the authorization of the head of state and the commander-in-chief.” Michajlo Podoljak, adviser to the Ukrainian president and chief negotiator, pointed out that it is a «.Anti-terror operation by local partisans». This news is of particular interest as it further hardens the opposing positions of Minsk and Kiev, and in view of a new potential Muscovite attack against the former satellite country, giving the Minskian autocracy more pretexts to militarily fortify the “Belarusian wedge” southern border. .
- Ukrainian War – Pilots in America. Two pilots of the Armed Forces of Ukraine They are at the military base in Tucson, Arizona (USA) to determine the time required to fly attack aircraft such as the US-made F-16 fighter jets. They will soon be joined by other pilots, perhaps a dozen. This is the first time Ukrainian pilots have traveled to the United States to be evaluated by military instructors with the Stars and Stripes. The program therefore has a two-fold objective: improving the skills of Ukrainian pilots and preparing an adequate training schedule. According to some analysts, this could be a preparatory move for the future deployment of military jets to Ukraine, which is engaged in a war of aggression waged by Russia.
- Germany – Bundeswehr. Armed forces of Germany I couldn’t The VJTF (Joint Very High Readiness Task Force) is the first ground force to be deployed in the event of an armed conflict, honoring commitments made with NATO for an intervention force. Internal Bundeswehr documents show repeated and massive failures of the German-made brand new Leopard 2 main battle tanks. By 2023, Germany will form the center of NATO’s spearhead with around 8,000 soldiers who must be ready to move to the frontline within two to seven days. Berlin made the 393rd Panzer Battalion of Bad Frankenhausen in Thuringia available to the Atlantic Alliance. The latest generation Cheetah was chosen precisely because it was the only one fully equipped with 2 main battle tanks. Officially all is well, but reported on public television ZDF extension Internal Bundeswehr documents suggest otherwise. Of the 44 tanks in the battalion, 30 were always to be available for emergencies, but in February 2023 only 17 were actually ready.
- China – 5G. Industry and Information Technology Minister Jin Zhuanglong made it known By 2023, China will build around 600,000 5G stations. This will increase the number of base stations to 2.9 million. According to data released in February, Chinese investment in 5G will drop by 2.5% in 2022. By the end of 2022, the number of 5G stations among all mobile stations in the People’s Republic was 21.3%, which is 7% more than at the end of 2021.
Imperial Bulletin Trump put the tariff hike on hold for 90 days, but Washington and Beijing have given very different versions of the meeting between him and Xi at the G20 in Buenos Aires. Confirms trade deal won’t end Sino-US rivalry
China and America’s plans contemplate a conflict for control of the island, which is important in terms of (respectively) expansion and containment. Strategic scenarios. The centrality of the IT factor. In the multidomain, the US leads.
Nationalism, democracy and well-being, reduced in Chinese sauce: the common roots of the People’s Republic and the Republic of China (Taiwan). Rituals (li) are fundamental to Han identity and should be interpreted not in an ethnic sense, but in a geopolitical-cultural sense. The state was created with the party.
Annexing the island is part of Xi’s ‘Chinese dream’, who wants to defeat Mao and stave off revenge for those purged. A resurgent Taiwanese nationalism may provide casus belli, but the People’s Army is not yet ready. Will 2030 be a lucky year?
“Total coffee junkie. Tv ninja. Unapologetic problem solver. Beer expert.”