African Ballon d’Or 2022 The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has announced the list of ten nominees for the 2022 African Footballer of the Year award, which will be awarded on July 21st in Rabat, Morocco.
Among the candidates is only one Serie A player: Kalidou Koulibaly. The Napoli defender, amid market rumors in recent weeks due to a possible interest from Juventus, won the African Cup with Senegal.
Along with the Napoli player is also a former acquaintance of Italian football, Achraf Hakimi, who wore the Inter shirt before moving to Paris Saint-Germain.
Also among the contestants are Mane, winner of the African Ballon d’Or and also winner of 2019, Salah, the two-time winner of the award (2017 and 2018) and Mahrez of the best African footballer in 2016.
African Ballon d’Or 2022 – here are 10 nominees
- Riyad Mahrez (Algeria and Manchester City)
- Karl Toko Ekambi (Cameroon and Olympique Lyonnais)
- Vincent Aboubacar (Cameroon VS)
- Sebastien Haller (Ivory Coast and Ajax)
- Mohamed Salah (Egypt and Liverpool)
- Naby Keita (Guinea and Liverpool)
- Achraf Hakimi (Morocco and Paris Saint-Germain)
- Edward Mendy (Senegal and Chelsea)
- Kalidou Coulibaly (Senegal and Naples)
- Sadio Mane (Senegal and Bayern Munich)
“Alcohol enthusiast. Twitter ninja. Tv lover. Falls down a lot. Hipster-friendly coffee geek.”
Ice Hockey League, Bolzano lost in the third game of the semi-finals – IBF
Angel Di Maria is close to renewing with Juventus – AO Sport
Yellow and black fever Saturday night: The Acinque Ice Arena is already sold out for Mastini-Caldaro